American Standard Reliant Ultra-Mix series 1363 identification & Part #'s

Users who are viewing this thread

jrobie79

Reaction score
Been reading this forum for awhile, just got a new place, so I joined as I have a few questions.

My water pressure sucks in my shower, the rest of the fixtures seem to be fine (kitchen & vanity sinks, toilet, exterior bibbs, etc...) So before I go ahead and rip out drywall to replace a rough-in valve, I wanted to try replacing the cartridge & pressure balancing valve in my shower.

It's an American Standard, but I have no idea how old it is, or what series it is; therefor don't know which parts to order. Before I rip it apart and I can't take a shower at all, I'd like to get the pieces in place.

Thanks!

reliant-rk44885a-shower.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Before doing that, try unscrewing the showerhead, leaving the pipe sticking out of the wall. Turn on the water and see how the flow is from the pipe. The showerhead may be what is limiting you. It may not be.

jrobie79

Reaction score
Before doing that, try unscrewing the showerhead, leaving the pipe sticking out of the wall. Turn on the water and see how the flow is from the pipe. The showerhead may be what is limiting you. It may not be.

Took the showerhead from our old apartment. Soaked it in CLR to clean any residual gunk that might be clogging it up. It worked fine over there. I'm gonna see what I get for flow rates tomorrow with a bucket.

AS1363

Reaction score
Just a question. What is the part number for the pressure balance part fir this American Standard 1363? The cartridge number is 066269-0070A (with a loop). The water is hot and pressure low when I turn to cold on faucet.

as-ultramix-02.jpg

as-ultramix-01.jpg

as-ultramix-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks