American Standard disposer

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Customer had a disposer from Costco for me this morning. It was an American Standard unit, manufactured in China. All indications are that the box was probably made in Mexico.

It was corded like a Waste King and it was hung like a Badger, one might say. Pretty straightforward install, just needed a switched outlet.

A couple of wonkers I want to mention, firstly the box claims 1.25 hp, then in Spanish it says: potencia. I remember Sears advertising their tools as having something like 1 hp,"developed". I think this is like me saying my van will go 150mph, "down the side of a mountain".

Wonker #2: it comes with a necklace that you wrap around the neck of the drain assembly, which is a series of magnets that supposed to help catch forks and spoons before they fall down into the disposer and cause problems. Problem is, stainless flatware doesn't stick to it like in the picture on the box. A nail sticks fine, but maybe Chinese stainless is magnetic, don't know.

Price was good.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yesterday I installed a Waste King 3200, 3/4 Hp - price was good.

Terry please don't hate me for using WK!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks