American Standard Champion 4 vs Champion pro

Users who are viewing this thread

CCP

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the differences between an American Standard Champion 4 purchased at a big box store versus a Champion pro bought at our plumbing supply store? I am trying to decide if it is worth the premium price from the plumbing supply store (mainly from a functionality standpoint). I know I will get better support etc from the plumbing supply store.

Thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
People have indicated that those purchased at big box stores tend to have more defects. A pro can't afford the time and hassle to have to return one, a homeowner may not realize it is not perfect, but if he does, is more willing to return the toilet. IMHO, that's one reason why their price is lower...partly volume, but partly less stringent quality control. Can't back that up with facts, only hearsay.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks