American Standard Champion 4 Mystery Part

Users who are viewing this thread

Jose S.

Reaction score
I am looking for some information to resolve a potentially shitty situation - pun intended.
I removed my toilet to paint around it and do some minor maintenance and I *think* I discovered a problem? Pictured below is the bowl where the tank joins to it and there is a plastic piece in there. That piece seems to be cracked and has some play to it. I feel like it shouldn't. Can ANYONE tell me what this piece is called? Or if it is even replaceable? I've done a ton of searching and can't seem to find exactly this piece. Unfortunately I don't have the model number either, but I do know it is an American Standard brand. I'd hate to get a plumber out here just to be told I need a new bowl. THANKS!

I made a video to better show what I am talking about:

Any information would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The thin plastic at the top of the bowl for the Champion doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I have noticed it over the years when assembling them. I've often wondered what the fix was when they cracked.

champion-bowl-inlet.jpg

champion-plastic.jpg

champion-4-ada.jpg

Last edited:

Jose S.

Reaction score
Have you encountered a broken one before? Any recommendations on what I should do?

The thin plastic at the top of the bowl for the Champion doesn't seem to be listed anywhere. I have noticed it over the years when assembling them. I've often wondered what the fix was when they cracked.

champion-bowl-inlet.jpg

champion-plastic.jpg

smeat2000

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

CAPrince

Reaction score
Okay, I actually have a new horn in my hand. I ordered it from American Standard. I remember about 2 or 3 years ago I took the tank off for some reason and noticed this plastic thing. It was all deteriorated. I thought it was some sort of calcium build up or something. The toilet is 16 years old. I took what I could out which was not much. I figured what do I need this for. I think it helps keep the toilet clean. Anybody replace this? This thing is a foot long. It is not shown correctly on the American Standard web site. How to get the old one out. I am hoping the new one will drop in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks