American Standard Bridge Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Geo422

Reaction score
I have the above faucet and it is leaking from the sprayer when the water is on also when the sprayer is in use the water still comes out of the spout.I have replace both valve cartridge.Oring and the diverter .now the sprayer is still leaking when the water is turn on and basic everthing the same .the model number is 4233 721 002 this is about ten years old. Than ks agin to this forum for the past help..George

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The sprayer has its own "thumb valve" so if it is leaking that valve is bad and you need a new spray head. If the water comes out of the spout while using the sprayer, then the diverter is bad.

Geo422

Reaction score
Thanks HJ the diverter is new also but could of got a bad one. George

Geo422

Reaction score
When I turn the water on the sprayer head drips pretty fast. When I use the sprayer the water keeps coming out of the spout and sprayer.

Geo422

Reaction score
I called American Standard since the faucet is still under lifetime warranty and they say that the sprayer is bad and will send out a new one and another diverter .They did send out last week a diverter and 2 valve cartridges.but the new diverter didnt help. Anyway the people at American Standard was very nice and had no trouble with then. see what happensd when the new sprayer comes in and another diverter.thanks George

Geo422

Reaction score
I got the diverter today and put it in.It was the same as the old diverter but it didnt solve the problem of the water coming out of the spout when my wife was useing the sprayer.It just screwed on the stem under the main spout.Am I missing something here?Or not doing something right?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It should have taken care of the problem, but if it did not, then it was either installed wrong, which would be hard to do normally, or it is a bad design and will never operate properly.l When you say "under the spout", do you mean "inside the spout"?

Geo422

Reaction score
Yes inside the spout .I unscrew the spout and saw the same part that American Standard sent me right on top of the stem I unscrew it and the new part screw right back on.then I replace the spout.And yes I keep asking myself did I mess up It seems so simple unscrew on and screw the new one back. Thanks HJ

Last edited:

Geo422

Reaction score
Today American Standard sent me the new sprayer head and hose and after installed it the problem is fixed. everthing works like new .thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks