Amana heat pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Wargo

Reaction score
I had an Amana heat pump (16 SEER). installed back in June 2021. The AC seemed to work good all summer. Now it is November/ December and the Heat is on. The outside temp. the last two weeks was around 20 - 30 degrees.
The heat pump is keeping the house temp at 74 degrees, but I can hear something running almost constantly. It is a two stage system with a variable speed air handler. The service guy was out about two weeks ago, and made a few changes because it was not working properly at all when we got back from Florida. But my concern is that something is running constantly. I can hear different speeds when the heat pump kicks in and off, I guess. When everything shuts down, and I hear no air blowing, it only lasts about three minutes, then the air flow starts again. Is this normal, and I just have to get used to the air noise ?? Thanks, Mike

Fitter30

Reaction score
When unit goes into defrost mode ( outside coil frosts up) outside unit runs indoor blower is off. Model number needed to see if i can find info on defrost mode. Outside unit .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks