Am I plumbing this laundry drain in an odd way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Canada_DIY_Plumber

Reaction score
I'm buying my drain pieces for a new laundry connection. My plan was to make the drain/trap 2" (all the way from the laundry box to where it enters the main 4" horizontal drain under the slab.) I was going to set up a dry vent (to connect in the attic with an existing vent) using 1.5"
I expected this to be a fairly common situation and figured the plumbing store would have a sanitary tee that is 2" on the side, 2" on the bottom and 1.5" (for the vent) on the top. However, I can't find that anywhere.
Now of course, I can just buy a 2/2/2 san-tee and put a 2"->1.5" reducer at the top for the vent pipe (I can do that, right?) but it got me thinking: Am I doing something odd here? If this was a common way to set up a laundry, wouldn't it be easier to find this part?

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Terry meant clothes washer. That is a common fitting.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
common fitting yes. but less common than all others. your just not lucky canada Diy plumber. the bushing is fine no big deal or run a 2 inch vent. your not gaining anything but If I got the material and save a trip for one silly part sure .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks