Aluminum handle on brass cartridge. Gonna be a problem later on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pman6

Reaction score
I got a Mixet chrome aluminum shower knob handle, and it fits super tightly on the Mixet cartridge, which has a brass screw hole.

even without a screw, it doesn't wanna come off without banging it off.

will this aluminum fuse with the brass eventually?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As you're probably aware, the US west has a drought situation. That means that CA has implemented some restrictive water use requirements that are more severe than the rest of the USA. Companies selling their products in CA are supposed to abide by these requirements. That can complicate what you want to do. I'm not sure there's an easy solution to your desires. Even the shower output on many simple tub/shower valves have a restriction in them for the one on the top. On many, the only way to get a full port outlet is to use the bottom outlet designed to go to the tub spout.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks