Alt layout to fix "flat" vent

Users who are viewing this thread

E3 CCook

Reaction score
So the local inspector did not like the "flat" vent for the WC my plumber installed for a new WC rough in and is requiring a cleanout in the 1.5" vent at the top of the stack (the 2 in drain is also a wet vent so my plumber said I only need a 1.5" vent at the top of the san tee). As an alternative can I take the 2in drain line and tie into horizontal 3" line for the WC. A 3x3x2 street wye into a 3" San tee in the stack would fit in the space and lower the san tee by about 4". So I'd lower the 3" horizontal from WC, then tie the 2" drain into a 3x3x2 wye then into the stack with a 3" san tee. This will lower the height of the 3" san tee by about 4" and let me install a 45 deg angle on the vent on the top of the stack. Is this ok?

Attachments

• Photo Jan 19, 5 28 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 19, 5 28 56 PM.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 212
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks