Alpine condensing boiler taking a long time to heat house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fitter30

Reaction score
Thermostat set a temp push hold that will take it out of time schedule. Just to the right of the expansion tank 16" there are two pipes going into the boiler, top of pipes are tees to the right is return piping left of the tees are supply.
Thoses pipes should be very hot 130*- 107* with boiler running

Thekid1

Reaction score
Thermostat set a temp push hold that will take it out of time schedule. Just to the right of the expansion tank 16" there are two pipes going into the boiler, top of pipes are tees to the right is return piping left of the tees are supply.
Thoses pipes should be very hot 130*- 107* with boiler running

Ok I'll check. I dont have thermometers at those pipes, or are you asking me to feel them? Doesnt the screen that I showed on the boiler show those supply and return temps? I'm not sure exactly what your asking, I'm sorry.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Boiler temp isn't system temp. The 136*- 123* pic heat is going out to the system. Other pics where temp difference is 1*-3*heat isn't going out to the system either the taco pump has stopped because its going bad or its not getting power. See your outside temp is 50* outdoor reset if default settings weren't changed 130* boiler water temp. You can touch the piping just be smart about it.

Thekid1

Reaction score
Boiler temp isn't system temp. The 136*- 123* pic heat is going out to the system. Other pics where temp difference is 1*-3*heat isn't going out to the system either the taco pump has stopped because its going bad or its not getting power. See your outside temp is 50* outdoor reset if default settings weren't changed 130* boiler water temp. You can touch the piping just be smart about it.

Ok, what exactly are you asking me to do so I can be more help to diagnose this problem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the house got warmer, the pump had to be running. Now, it may not be running properly, or there's an air lock somewhere. It takes more heat to raise the house temperature than to maintain it, so 130-degree water may not be enough. The chart I linked earlier shows quite a bit of difference in heat per foot of fin-tube based on the temperature. Ideally, it runs as low as possible and the boiler runs longer so there are fewer cycles, putting out just enough heat to overcome that lost to the outside. That produces the most even, comfortable heat, but low water temp prevents the radiators from generating a lot of heat needed to raise the temperature.

Fitter30

Reaction score
The manual link posted previous page 3rd from the bottom tell how to get into the program and u can raise the minimum temp up and write down the rest of the setting. System piping hot left of the tees from boiler? Have down loaded the thermostat link looked at cycle rate?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
WIth a properly dialed in outside reset, keeping temperature shouldn't be an issue, and the boiler temp will rise or fall to compensate. But, assuming I understand how it works (not 100%), it won't turn the supply temperature up to speed up from what amounts to a setback, and with it being 50-degrees outside, it would likely be on a really low fire mode.

DIYorBust

Reaction score
WIth a properly dialed in outside reset, keeping temperature shouldn't be an issue, and the boiler temp will rise or fall to compensate. But, assuming I understand how it works (not 100%), it won't turn the supply temperature up to speed up from what amounts to a setback, and with it being 50-degrees outside, it would likely be on a really low fire mode.
I think some boilers do have an automatic boost where they will up the water temp if the t-stat calls for heat for some amount of time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks