ALP105B Soft Lockout (Hold) 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Helen-Boston

Reaction score
we have a Burnham ALP105B boiler, SN65402335. Since last December this boiler has been on and off by itself with a red error window showing Soft Lockout (Hold) 11. We changed a couple of parts but still could not stop this. Just yesterday, the boiler stopped working at 6pm and came back working this morning around 7am. Each time this happened, our contractor would come, check and tell us everything was fine. And we have already spent thousands of dollars.

I'm writing hoping that someone knows this issue and the fix to this problem.

Thank you!

Ron Beck

Reaction score
An error 11 is a failure to light. How old is the boiler? When installed what was the O2 set to. Should be 5.2% to 5.5%. Is this LP or Natural?

Mage182

Reaction score
Can you hear the igniter arcing during the direct ignition phase of startup? What do your temp sensors look like during startup? Before I replaced my stack temp sensor with the redesigned one, the old one got so wonky that it was reading 190 degree stack temps during startup so it would never actually start.

Dominick Cioffi

Reaction score
Ron Beck - you seem to know these Burnham Alpines? My ALP105B is getting Soft Lockout (Hold) 11 as well, I have Natural Gas. Can you steer me thru setting the O2? Thanks Dominick Cioffi 516-384-9194

Stephen

Reaction score
Hello,
Has there been an update on this? How was the issue resolved?
I am having the same error code. A tech replaced a limit switch and seemed to work better for a while - 2 years later it is happening non stop. He checked gas pressure and it was within spec.
Thoughts?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Gas pressure is one thing, air/fuel mixture is another. THe second is where you need a special meter to measure the burner efficiency. That mixture of fuel/air needs to be within a certain ratio to maximize efficiency and limit CO production. Then, the safety sensors all need to be clean and working properly for the unit to continue to run or even start. Too much fuel, and there's not enough oxygen, and instead of getting CO2, you end up with CO. Too much oxygen, and you tend to get a cooler flame and more soot, which can contaminate things.

Nonenonenone

Reaction score
I have a US Boiler K2 and this same problem occurred. it was only after several sessions of debugging that US Boilers admitted that there is a circuit between the condensation trap and the flame sensor that has been removed from new K2's. the circuit decreases the flame sensor reading as the sensor in condensation trap becomes wet. it was only after pointing out this circuit to US Boilers that they admitted it has been removed. They suggest disabling the circuit as it is error prone and leads to intermittent fault 11's and in my case that has resolved the fault 11 from occurring.

I am putting this here and necro bumping this thread as this is high on google results for K2 fault 11 and I hope this can help others. I have asked US Boiler to update their documentation or issue an errata as there are likely many folks out there experiencing this and unable to resolve the issue.

Best of luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks