Alleviate Wall Hung Toilet Play/Flex

Users who are viewing this thread

Pbsea

Reaction score
Hi,

Installed a toto wall hung toilet on to a Geberit Wall Carrier, I've since noticed a small amount of play/flex on the toilet which I'm assuming is from the drywall between the toilet and the carrier getting compressed.

Is there a solve for this? Is this something I should be worrying about? Can I just crank it tight? Thanks in advance.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Well known construction element amongst builders and plumbers is that plywood or Durock or eq. with tile is the best way to avoid the flex which is guaranteed with sheetrock only.
Over time, as the the toilet flexes on those two bolts, each time someone sits down, the sheetrock will break down and it will get worse.

Pbsea

Reaction score
Well known construction element amongst builders and plumbers is that plywood or Durock or eq. with tile is the best way to avoid the flex which is guaranteed with sheetrock only.
Over time, as the the toilet flexes on those two bolts, each time someone sits down, the sheetrock will break down and it will get worse.
Thanks! Guess we'll be looking at a tile accent wall a couple years down the road.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
On a commercial toilet there are washers on the back side of the toilet as well as the front side. The washers are placed with nuts to keep them square.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are a number of failure points in the new style of in wall tank type wall mounted toilets. The toilet should be matched to the carrier so that the bottom of the toilet has some form of metal cross member that it can rest against.. and that carrier must make contact with the finished wall material.

Our first few installations had that issue and we were able to add shims later that "fixed" the problem. And unfortunately the fix is not just cranking the bolts tighter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks