all toilets suddenly drain slow

Users who are viewing this thread

raevsky

Reaction score
I have a strange problem. Several days ago all my toilet bowls in my house (three toilets) started draining slowly versus regularly being rather fast. That was simultaneousely for all three of them.
That is the case with toilets bowls only, not with the sinks or baths.
For toilets it is exactly the same with clean water and with anything else.
The strange thing is that if I open all possible faucets in my house at the same time, the toilet bowls drain fast.
I tried to treat my plumbing system with enzymatic drain cleaner - for two days (I am going to do it one more day), and no improvement yet.
I have a suspicion there is air in the plumbing system.
Any ideas?

raevsky

Reaction score
Out of the three toilets one is located on the first floor, and two others on the second floor almost directly above the first one. Also, I frequently see air coming out of the toilet bowls when flushing.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A plumbing drain system is always full of air. If it were not, something would be very wrong.

It sounds like the main line has a partial blockage. I would not count on any chemical drain cleaner to resolve the problem, enzyme or other.

BSA_Bob

DIY Member
Reaction score
A plumbing drain system is always full of air. If it were not, something would be very wrong.

It sounds like the main line has a partial blockage. I would not count on any chemical drain cleaner to resolve the problem, enzyme or other.
Hes right!! leave the drain cleaners on rthe shelf. If you read the container on these so-called cleaners you will find the word "lye". This is what they made soap with years ago.Don't make soap in your sewer, You will get charged more when a sewer cleaner has to work in this stuff.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks