Alarm Bulb and horn activates each time pumps turn on

Users who are viewing this thread

Jean M

Reaction score
I have a sewer pump station to pump up our waste water up the hill to connect with the city sewer line.

We have 2 pumps - the main one gets triggered first to turn on and on a 3 -5 second delay, the 2nd one turns on and they jointly pump the liquid.

We recently had two of the float switches replaced because they were faulty and the impellers on each pump checked and cleaned. We also swapped out for new pvc piping for each pump because the threading had warped.

After all this, the system appeared to work fine for a few weeks and then the alarm kept tripping each time the pumps were activated.
We've moved the position of one of the pumps resting in the reservoir wondering if a bit of extra vibrating was reading as a distressed pump. Still, the alarm sounded.
We moved the "on" float switch lower from the alarm bulb to make sure there was no way the alarm bulb was coming into contact with liquid and still the alarm goes off.

I'm at a loss and all I can think is to replace the cabled alarm bulb, but before I go ahead and do that, I thought to seek advice here.

Lemme know your thoughts, thanks!

And on a side note, if you could include your recommendation on a 2" check valve I would really appreciate it. I currently have Spears 150 psi (blue on/off valve turn handle) and am having a back flow problem.
Not sure if it's simply time to replace or I need a better product.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks