Airgap to disposal needs an elbow.

Users who are viewing this thread

SeattleTim

Reaction score
I am getting a kink in my airgap (AG) to disposal hose. An Elbow would help but what kind should i get to connect to the disposal connection, a nozzle with barbed fitting? The enclosed photo is an elbow from a flexible DW drain hose that is too long and is causing too much back pressure and overflowing the AG. I have tried using the heavy black DW hose, but it kinks since the installation is so tight.

IMG_5727.jpeg

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can't help with elbow/hose specification, but I believe the hose from the airgap to the disposal should be strictly downhill, as the diagram Terry posted shows. Otherwise you create a trap between them.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
agree , from air gap to disposal should have fall with out traps , or dips So a 90 is ok only if its horizontal or with slope to the disposal the image is a poor example . Ive used copper 45s before remember thats not technicaly being pumped its gravity down from the airgap down to disposal .

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Like JHY states, no dips. Long sweep 3/4" cu 90 or two st 45s can help make the turn.
Lucky plumbers who plan well, orient the GD drain back to help with the sloped drain from the air gap

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks