Air Gap Hose

Users who are viewing this thread

kornbln

Reaction score
I'd like to connect the 7/8" ID air gap hose to my garbage disposal using a right-angle elbow. Do they make something that would work for this application? The current hose has to make such a sharp bend that I had to put an extra hose clamp on the bend to keep it from flattening out too much.

Even if its just an elbow with both ends barbed like the inlet on the disposal... I could use that and connect it to the disposal using a small piece of hose between the elbow and the disposal.

Would this work ok? Or am I asking for touble with debris getting caught in the elbow?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A barbed nipple restricts the ID too much and will cause poor draining.

Think 7/8" !!

Use a copper 90 or 45. Solder a 1½" to 2" long piece of M copper into each end. These slip right into the GD hose and do not block the flow nearly as much as a barb.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks