AIO3 question

Users who are viewing this thread

Water Guy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a customer with a MWC fusion series. He uses it seasonally (about 6 months/year). Twice now (against my recommendation) he has had his plumber drain the house lines prior to me coming to remove the system. each time he just unplugs the system days before his plumbers arrival. It's like I'm talking to a wall. when I took the valve off this year for seasonal removal the tank was loaded with iron. my thought was next spring upon re-install to draw chlorine in place of ozone for one cycle programmed as softener. I understand, however, that chlorine and ozone CANNOT be mixed. So my plan is to run a backwash with corona cell unplugged between Cl regen and ozone regen. should this be sufficient to clear any residual Cl? Thoughts?

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Good idea. unplug the CD hose going into the brine draw port, replace with a piece of 3/8" tubing, then suck up some bleach instead of air/ozone. Once the bleach is gon you can either suck air or water, allow the water to run for a while (30-60 minutes) then put it into RR if the valve has that programmed in. If not, put the system back online, then run some water through the wash sink or other area to be sure the bleach is cleared out. This should not take long at all. Gotta love homeowners who think they know more than you. :)

Water Guy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good idea. unplug the CD hose going into the brine draw port, replace with a piece of 3/8" tubing, then suck up some bleach instead of air/ozone. Once the bleach is gon you can either suck air or water, allow the water to run for a while (30-60 minutes) then put it into RR if the valve has that programmed in. If not, put the system back online, then run some water through the wash sink or other area to be sure the bleach is cleared out. This should not take long at all. Gotta love homeowners who think they know more than you. :)
thanks for the reply. was hoping I was on track and nobody said "you crazy" lol
I know right, so frustrating. it's almost like they don't wanna listen. lol

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks