AIO3 or Full on Ozone System

Users who are viewing this thread

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
AIO3 introduces ozonated air into the air pocket during the draw cycle, but remember, ozone has a very short life inside the tank, typically a few minutes at best. It does not stay in the tank for any length of time.
So Short lived.. But..long enough to disinfect the media? Whether its Katalox or Carbon?

Beets

Reaction score
So Short lived.. But..long enough to disinfect the media? Whether its Katalox or Carbon?
I'm definitely interested in the experts answers to your questions......my best guess from what I have read is that the ozone will sterilize the media during the draw cycle. However, any bacteria in the water will not be affected by the ozone before or after that draw cycle. As far as H2S and Fe are concerned, I believe the draw cycle introduces oxygen that is bound to the catalytic media that allows it to function until the next draw cycle introduces more oxygen. I don't know if I am correct, but the best way to get information in a forum is to say something dumb and let someone correct you :)

Charlie Bosco

Reaction score
AIO3 introduces ozonated air into the air pocket during the draw cycle, but remember, ozone has a very short life inside the tank, typically a few minutes at best. It does not stay in the tank for any length of time.
All I know is fresh Katalox works great for a few days.. then a little H2S makes it through and then my Carbon tank scrubs the rest.. I always do a nightly BW on the KL tank so that means if I switch to ozone the Media will be fresh every day. Currently I do a periodic BW with Chlorine or an Air Draw with Chlorine but I hate the chemical routine..

If you are still seeing good results with the ClackAIO3 please PM me with a quote.. I cannot find this unit anywhere..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks