Ahhh...my toilet keeps talking to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

jaysmomma

Reaction score
About two years ago our toilet started "talking" to us. The toilet makes a loud groaning noise. It was occassional and quiet at first, but over two years has slowly gotten louder an more frequent. It groans about every five minutes now, regardless of being flushed...really annoying...and it's loud enough that it wakes me up at night sometimes (bed is up against the same wall as the toilet). Anyway, my husband doesn't seem really concerned with it and didn't even notice it until I started making a trumpeting noise every time the toilet groans...just makes him laugh (he's not really much of a fix it man unless I find th answers and tell him step-by-step what he needs to do to fix it.). If I could afford a plumber I'd call one, but can't really so need to find out what to tell hubby to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated!

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Replace the flapper and fill valve,look inside the tank and take a picture and upload it and we can tell what to get.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The fill valve and flapper probably do need maintenance (you may need to replace both - a 10-minute job, typically). Another possibility is that your water pressure is too high.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks