After a Drake toilet round bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Kitui

Reaction score
We had to put a side the project for a while but we are back after a couple of years. I still like Drake a lot but I am also hoping for a shorter toilet with the same fantastic flashing system of Drake. In the mean time any other "compact toilet" with a great flashing system I should consider? One piece is fine, I am looking for a toilet . shorter than 26.5". Thanks for your help. Kitui

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One thing to consider...Massachusetts is VERY strict on plumbing issues. ANY device you have installed in your house related to plumbing (it's illegal to do any plumbing in your own house unless you're a licensed plumber...don't ask, it's their law, proceed at your own peril) must also be listed on their approved plumbing devices website run by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I'm sure that there are some products that COULD be used and should pass, but you need to petition for them to be approved. If a plumber puts one in that isn't on the list, he can lose his license. This is one of a few states in the USA that do things this way, and they do not automatically add things...the manufacturer has to submit them along with all of the required test lab results before they can be added to the database and thus, become 'legal' to install. The fact you can buy something in a big box store that isn't on the list may be sad, but the fact you can buy it doesn't make it legal to install.

Last I looked (I live next to MA, not in it), many of the Toto toilets were in the database...double-check whatever you choose, regardless of the manufacturer.

Kitui

Reaction score
By shorter you mean less long rather than less tall, I presume.

See the drawing at the bottom of
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst743e_spec.pdf

Promenade round CST423EFG https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/SS-00217_CST423EF_G.pdf

Also see Ultimate round MS853113 https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/product_assets/SS-00161_MS854114_MS853113.pdf which is a little longer than your number.
I look at them and the measures are ok but the flashing systems worries me. This is the teenager bath and I need a "tornado" type of flushing. Is E-Max flashing as good as the tornado? If not, I might have to stick with the Drake I put downstairs. Thanks for everybody who provide feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you had the Tornado flushing before, it would have been a II series.
They also make a round front Drake II, CST453CEFG and a round front Ultramax II, MS603113CEFG

cst453-terrylove-1.jpg

cst453-terrylove-2.jpg

Last edited:

Kitui

Reaction score
If you had the Tornado flushing before, it would have been a II series.
They also make a round front Drake II, CST453CEFG and a round front Ultramax II, MS603113CEFG
Hi Terry, I was thinking at the Tornado flushing system because since we installed it (as per your recommendation) we have no issue with clogging the toilet. Are you suggesting that Ultramax II is another pretty good flushing system? Is it better than Tornado? I am not married to Tornado as far as we can replace the kohler Gabrielle (awful!!) with a flushing system that is egual or better than Tornado. Thanks again for sharing your expertise!!
I actually figure out that what I called "Tornado" is actually a Double Cyclone

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks