advise on pump that is blowing fuse

Users who are viewing this thread

bjkuhlma

Reaction score
I just bought ahouse and when the inspector tried to turn on the water the fuse immediately blow. The next thing I did was disconnect the wires at the well and and then it didn't blow so I an figuring that it is the pump, plus it is not a 3 way. Pump is at 80ft and well is 145ft. I have an irrigation system 4 full baths, but its not like they are all going to be going and a 2637 sq ft house. I was looking for advice on if I should go with a 3/4 or 1 HP and if I shown go with a bigger tank than by 32 gallon or a constant pressure. I guy says one thing the other say another. Plus what should I be looking at for price with insulation. Any advice with be greatly appreciated.

Wayne64SS

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I just replaced my 1/2hp at 300ft deep. The guy only charged me $1100 including extended warranty to pull and replace it. I unfortunately have no idea on recommendations for what to put in there, but hopefully this should give a good price point. Also see my thread for some pics and a more detailed writeup.

If you have that pump disconnected check it for short, or i fyou're only 80ft it shoudl be really easy to pull outa there with you and a buddy. I can't believe how simple they are to pull and replace after watching the guys do it yesterday.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks