Advice / Suggestions needed for handheld shower bar offset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff66

Reaction score
Hello All,

I need suggestions or advice on how to offset the shower bar that a handheld shower head is mounted on (sliding version).

My problem is that the shower bar and mounting brackets are not able to clear two small shelves that I have on my bathtub unit. The bathtub is an Aquaglass with two shelves on both the left and right hand sides. The shelves extend approximately 5 inches from the side wall of the tub.

The problem is that the shower bar (Grohe - Tempesta handheld unit) has mounting brackets that only offset the bar approximately 2 inches from the wall. The mounting backets are circular and have a recessed receptacle where the screw threads through to secure bracket to the wall. This does not allow adequate clearance for the bar.

I was wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for some sort of offset. It would need to be round, approximately 1 1/4 inches in diameter and 4 inches in length. I would need to have some sort of way to attach this offset to the tub wall and be able to attach my mounting bracket to it as well. The other option would be if there is some kind of fiberglass forum that could be attached to the tub wall that would extend out 4 inches.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks