Advice on proposed double vanity plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Jagermeister

Reaction score
I'm doing a master bath renovation and am moving the location of the vanity. The new location is against a wall with a hall bathroom on the other side and it will be a double vanity. I chose the location because of the hall bathroom so I can hopefully tie into existing utilities.

In the wall there's an existing 1.5" PVC drain pipe running floor to ceiling with an existing "T" going through the wall servicing the hall bathroom vanity. According to a plumbing book, a 1.5" vertical pipe can service 3 vanities. So I should be good connecting into it with my proposed double vanity?

I'm hoping someone can comment on my proposed tie in configuration, attached, and let me know if it's acceptable and meets code. All new piping will be 1.5" PVC.

Also, as to the supply lines, can I just open up the subfloor and tie into the existing lines? I'm assuming the supply lines in the floor are 1/2" copper. I'll be running two sets of supply lines, one for each vanity sink.

I want to get this right so the inspector doesn't roll his eyes at my plumbing job.

My city has adopted the 2006 International Building Codes

Thanks.

two-lavs-jager.jpg

single_to_double_lav.jpg

What can be done with 1.5", but doesn't really pass code which needs 2" if you have two lavs.
It works though, if you're remodeling a home with a single lav and are adding a second.
Not code, but works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks