Advice on old well

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by greenmonster123, Jun 10, 2018.

1. greenmonster123

greenmonster123 Member

I am looking at a rural Propert to buy in upstate ny. The lot once had a double wide trailer on it but that has been removed. There is an existing well ont the property with a pump in it. There is no control box or anything to give me an idea of what is down the hole. Also the well cap has been missing for an unknown amount of time. What steps should be taken to getting it going again? Should I just have it pulled and replaced To be safe?

2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Test, Don't Guess!
    Have the well tested to see how much water it can produce, and then if it is sufficient for your needs, have a cap put on it and a water test done to see what is in it. Consider what volume of water you will need and what if any treatment will be needed while you are selecting an appropriate pump and tank.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement