Advice on my underslab layout for basement washroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Cunningham

Reaction score
Hi - I currently have a 4" floor drain for my furnace drip line that I would like to tie into for a basement bathroom. Located in Toronto, Ontario.

Slab is cut and exposed piping in first photo. Layout would be - moving drain to the top of the cross, toilet on the left, shower on the right.

I have attached a sketch of my piping layout. Planning on reducing the 4" PVC to 3" solid ABS and then going from there. Does my layout look ok? Forgot to note on the drawing but I would also include a trap primer for the floor drain.

In terms of venting - am i ok to wet vent everything off the 2" sink drain? This would be connected above the sink to a 1.5" dry vent that goes to the roof.

Also for the transition from PVC to ABS I think i've read on here that fernco bands are preferred, however the Ontariocode section 7.2.5.11 refers to use transition solvent cement http://www.buildingcode.online/938.html

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 144

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
That would pass the International Plumbing Code. I don't know about your local code. Look in the wet vent section of your code for the phrase, " Bathroom group including or excluding a bidet, floor drain or both". As far as transition cement, your code makes it pretty clear.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks