Advice Needed

Users who are viewing this thread

arnowell

Reaction score
I tried to change out the float and pressure valve in the side of my tank. Whoever installed the last one use pipe dope or something else that has it stuck. I don't want to put too much pressure on it to loosen it as I am afraid the plastic it is screwed in to will break. I tried to tighten the lock nut and then hold it with some channel locks while turning it. Any advice as I really don't want to have to purchase a new tank right now as the tank is about 5 years old.

arnowell

Reaction score
Pic

Well.jpg

The lock nut is 3 inch, I think that the inside has a lip that keeps the whole thing from coming out

arnowell

Reaction score
The ACV screws into the black plastic, I bought a new one just am having trouble getting it out due to the previous owners mess up

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks