Advice needed on connecting attic lights

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
I want to put up 3 ceiling lights in the attic, I have a folding staircase roughly in the middle of the house with a switch in the second floor wall, not connected but I ran a good length of wire into the attic which is in the middle near the drop down. So one light over the stairs and then one to each side. So I am thinking to run first into the middle one and splice off to the other two, is that best or maybe run the wire over to one of the side ones and then go in line to the middle and other side?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It doesn't matter...from a cost and materials standpoint, along with convenience, try to do it in a manner that is neat and works. You do have to be aware of the maximum box fill, so you may need to use a bigger box for some connections.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks