Advice needed for choosing 10" rough-in model

Users who are viewing this thread

dryslick

Reaction score
Would anyone have some recommendations on a good 10†rough-in toilet. I’m doing online research and I’m not finding any options that fit our situation well. I’ve also read through several other posts related to 10†rough ins on these forums.

We’re replacing an old toilet in our small powder room. I “assumed†we’d get another Toto Drake since we like the one installed earlier this year in a different bathroom. However, we need a 10†rough in. It is also a tight space. The current toilet is a round front and total depth to the wall is a bit under 27â€. The center of the water supply is also 6 ½†from the center of the toilet.

The Totos (ex. Carlyle) all appear 28â€+ deep. We’d really rather not loose the 2+†since we don’t have much room in front of the toilet. We’d prefer to keep the same depth as we have now. Also, it appears that all the Toto 10†models require more room for the water supply.

In addition, it seems like all the other 10†models I’ve seen discussed here have a variety of issues and some poor reviews. Does anyone have advice on the best compromise? I’ve read reviews for the American Standard Cadet 3, various Gerber models, the Kohler Wellworth and, Eljer Titan.

As others have said, this is a great site for common sense advice.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are several Toto models that can be adapted to 10", but the real problem is the round bowl. There are a few, but none that will adapt to 10". You might examine Terry's Report On Low Flow Toilets linked off of the home page and look at the models that can be adapted and note the depth on the spec page. Some elongated bowls are really not much deeper than a round bowl. Keep watching your thread. There are several pros that deal with Toto toilets and have much more detailed knowledge.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The water supply can be an issue with the Toto skirted toilets, but you really need to look at the technical spec sheets for the profile. Depending on exactly how far it is offset and how high above the floor, different possitions will work.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some skirted bowl Toto toilets that work with a 10" Unifit and can have the water supply 5.5" to the left are
Soiree
Guinevere
Carrollton
These three elongated bowls would be 28-3/4" from wall to end of bowl.

American Standard makes a Cadet 3 with 10" tank.
Round bowl 26-1/4" to end of bowl.

dryslick

Reaction score
Thanks for the options. I missed the 26 ¼ model on their site the first time through but I just found it thanks to your post.

Based on all the posts, it sounds like American Standard is a riskier purchase but it could save us some space. I’m not sure which way we’ll go. I know the Toto would perform better.

Thanks again,

Dave

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the door will close, the extra inch or so on an elongated isn't a huge issue as you legs straddle it. Having that little extra length can be very handy - once you have one at home, you don't like to go back to a round bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks