Advice for toilet Max height issue

Users who are viewing this thread

owest

Reaction score
I am looking to replace an older toilet but the granite counter top is at 30.5" I was looking at the Toto drake, but not enough room, so I was wonder if anyone can recommend a good replacement at or under 30.25"

I found that the AS models 30.2" will leave a .25 clearance will make any future maintenance pretty hard, but the granite over the toilet lid area is about 4" out from the wall so it's not completely covering it.

I am looking for ADA height / comfort height elongated in white I would prefer 1.6, but will use 1.28gal if need to.

Thanks for any help, it seems you can't search or sort by max height :(

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
If you want to go with Toto, which is highly recommended by most of the pro plumbers here, the height of the Supreme II is 25-9/16"; the Ultimate is 27-1/8"; and the Ultramax II is 28-3/4". These are all one-piece models so are more expensive but, to my taste, are much nicer looking than two-piece toilets. Check them out on www.totousa.com.

ms864114e-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

owest

Reaction score
If you want to go with Toto, which is highly recommended by most of the pro plumbers here, the height of the Supreme II is 25-9/16"; the Ultimate is 27-1/8"; and the Ultramax II is 28-3/4". These are all one-piece models so are more expensive but, to my taste, are much nicer looking than two-piece toilets.

Thanks for the info, looks like the Supreme II & Ultramax II toilets will work they are also ADA height, the Ultimate doesn't seem to have a ADA version. I currently have kohler rialto toilets in the house and they don't work well, smaller then normal toilets in height and drive me nuts. So I will look into one of the Toto units which I have heard lot of great feedback about.

Thanks for your help :)

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, looks like the Supreme II & Ultramax II toilets will work they are also ADA height, the Ultimate doesn't seem to have a ADA version. I currently have kohler rialto toilets in the house and they don't work well, smaller then normal toilets in height and drive me nuts. So I will look into one of the Toto units which I have heard lot of great feedback about.

Thanks for your help :)
The original Ultramax is available in ADA Height, elongated and with 1.6 GPF flush. My biggest complaint about Toto toilets (prior to the introduction of Double Cyclone) is bowl rinse. The original Ultramax is not Double Cyclone but people seem to love them. If bowl rinse is not that important to you, then there you have it. That's the only reason I didn't like my Ultramax.

owest

Reaction score
I was just about to order the Ultramax II, when my friend said check with the city water rebate program. The model they have listed in the 1 gal unit that comes with a 125.00 rebate :) But I wanted to make sure it's a good unit since it's a 1 gal flush toilet: TOTO MS604114CUFG-01 UltraMax II 1G CEFIONTECT Toilet in Cotton White

Looks like online has it for 475.00, I will try to find some local plumbing supply places since homedepot and lowes doesn't carry the ultramax line of toilets.

ms604114cufg-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumbs Away

Reaction score
I was just about to order the Ultramax II, when my friend said check with the city water rebate program. The model they have listed in the 1 gal unit that comes with a 125.00 rebate :) But I wanted to make sure it's a good unit since it's a 1 gal flush toilet: TOTO MS604114CUFG-01 UltraMax II 1G CEFIONTECT Toilet in Cotton White

Looks like online has it for 475.00, I will try to find some local plumbing supply places since homedepot and lowes doesn't carry the ultramax line of toilets.
It does seem that the best online price is $475. Check several online vendors before you order. Some are offering free shipping and extended Memorial Day discounts through 5/31.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks