Adjusting the pH of Boiler water

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I have another thread where I was trying to resolve some issues with my boiler, and eventually discovered there were some (well, at least one) small internal weeping leak(s) in the heat exchanger. I'd fixed the exterior ones, but while I was awaiting a new part, observed that the condensate bottle was slowly filling over the course of a few days...I decided to replace the whole thing with a new one that came with a lifetime warranty on the heat exchanger.

To extend the life of any boiler, the pH of the water should be kept within the manufacturer's specifications. Well, it appears that the pH of my supply water is too low, distilled water is, too, so the question is:

- how do you raise the pH of the boiler water to something within the manufacturer's specifications?

FWIW, I did order a bottle of Sentinel x100 conditioner and a test kit. It doesn't really say anything about pH, and I figured it would be best to at least start with the thing in the desired safe range.

I'm going to call a service company to run through the commissioning routine, but so far, the thing has been running well. Wanted them to tweak the thing to maximum performance and don't want to run it for too long with the (slightly) acidic water in it. They want at least a pH of 7.4, so how do I raise it?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks