Adjusting DWV slope basement shower

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeJBrown

Reaction score
Very excited to have found this site! I am remodeling my basement (1950s Brick ranch) and my current project is converting a tiny half bath into a larger 3/4 bathroom. I've already busted out the trench; tied into 3" cast iron with a PVC wye and 2" dwv pvc for shower drain. You can see from the picture that there is a slight turn in the drain line. My slope from the turn to the wye is fine. But from the turn to the p-trap it is not ok as shown.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or tips on how to adjust that section with the least amount of tearing out/redoing it as possible (if possible :) would a 22.5 deg elbow or other fitting near the turn or trap help resolve the pitch?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 259

Hammerlane

Reaction score
I think cutting out the section between the green marks, then extending pipe "A" and then making sure fitting "B" is rolled enough for proper pitch from the trap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 234
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks