Additional venting required?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tucker519

Reaction score
Hello,

I believe there is a need for additional venting on this system. If I tee off the toilet and tub, shown in blue, and wrap a vent around the room and tie into the main vent, will that be sufficient? Using 2" pipe.

The shower wye/trap is circled in red.

The main vent stack is located next to the pink insulation in the back left of the photo.
IMG_2062.jpg

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
As long as the vent is within 2 feet of a trap (except floor drains which has to be (within 15 feet of a vent NYC plumbing code) your in great shape and 2" is fine

Reach4

Reaction score
Identify if you are under IPC, NSPC, NYC, or UPC plumbing code too.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id need more info but the picture tells me no it dosent work needs modification improperly vented

Tucker519

Reaction score
IPC code.

Here are more photos. I understand the venting is wrong, can this layout be salvaged with proper venting? Where should they be placed?
(Red X is existing vent from first floor)
(There is at least a 1/4" per foot of pitch everywhere. )
IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2065.jpg IMG_2066.JPG

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
A lot of people install the plumbing first and ask for advice second, should be the other way around. working with what you already have installed here are some improvements, wait and see if someone else has a better idea.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpg
    IMG_2062.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2066.JPG
    IMG_2066.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 145
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks