Additional soundproofing for a dishwasher

Users who are viewing this thread

Steveb7AZ

Reaction score
Sometime in the next month or so I'd like to replace my dishwasher. I'm tentatively looking at a Bosch, but would like to add some additional soundproofing as I find my kitchen reflects a lot of the dishwasher noise back into the condo. I had read somewhere that lining the inside of the cabinet with cork was a good way to help absorb some of the sound from the dishwasher.

Would anyone here have some experience with that? If so, can you recommend a source for the cork and some advice on what to use to adhere it to the cabinet?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I have a Bosch dishwasher and no additional sound proofing is needed. The insulation is so thick that it is a chore sliding it in place and any model with SS interior is inherently quieter than plastic tubs. It is so quiet you hardly hear it running.

All new dishwashers are built very close to the floor and adding any material to the floor may make it harder to fit in let alone to be able to slide the dishwasher in. Cork is used as an underlayment for tiled floors in condos to minimize the walking noise into the floor below. Won’t help any for your dishwasher noise. If you want to add it go to the HomeDepot flooring department, usually near the tile area. You’ll see the cork rolls an any adhesive for flooring will work. In Florida it is required by condo homeowner associations so all home centers and tile store usually carry it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks