Adding Zone valves to Honeywell Aquastat L8148J

Users who are viewing this thread

Gusaroo

Reaction score
OK, new to this board, hope I found the right place!.

I'm a homeowner with some basic knowledge of my boiler set up. I've got a Honeywell Aquastat L8148J relay on my old Burnham boiler. My boiler was a single zone system without zone valves, but I've recently added 2 zone valves. I cannot seem to figure out how to power them. I've checked out the L8148J using my multimeter as well as reading thru the Honyewell manual and cannot find 24V. It says I should be able to power two zone valves with this relay, but I am stumped.

Referring to the upper schematic of the two diagrams in the picture below, B1(or B2) to B3 does show 24V, but only when the TV-T is tripped and the boiler is fired. I need 24V all the time and let the zone valve end switches trip TV-T (to fire the boiler and run the circ pump).

I read that TV-W should be able to power them, but it speaks of removing a jumper (which is currently there) or something in relation to my gas valve. I'm afraid to mess with this piece.

HELP!!

L8148J manual here:
http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/pdf/packedlit/95-6940.pdf
AuquastatL8148J.jpg

Capture.jpg

Last edited:

Gusaroo

Reaction score
That's exactly what I did and it seems to be working...I'm powering my zone valves with TV-W. The notations (2 on fig 13, and 3 on fig 7) regarding the jumper worries me though. I left it in place as it was.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks