Users who are viewing this thread

theMezz

Reaction score
anyone ever add the WiFi kit to the NCB-240e Navien

Is it hard to do ? I’m an DYIer

Thanks

Hope

Reaction score
I would like to do so too. I think you need to get the router or whatever it is called from Navien. Need some instructions though.

djdavenport

Reaction score
I don't think installation is that difficult. I've looked through the manual and it seems pretty straight forward. HOWEVER, you need to check the date of manufacture. I think if your combi was manufactured after March 2016, you're ready to go. (check the website to be sure...and it will tell you how to interpret the serial number to find the DOM). Otherwise, you'll need to install an upgrade PCB and display. Again, not terribly hard if you're handy, but check to make sure you don't void the warranty by not having it professionally installed. I haven't put in the NaviLink for that very reason (mine has the old board), but I think it would be pretty cool to have.

Hope

Reaction score
Where do I find out when my unit was manufactured....it doesn't say the date on the unit itself.

Update: I contacted Navien chat support on their website and a rep was able to tell me the manufactured date of my unit. It is after March 2016 so I guess I can connect it to wifi.

Last edited:

djdavenport

Reaction score
I think then you're pretty well "plug and play." You'll just have to program the NaviLink unit to recognize your WiFi router. (And, of course, download the app.) The manual is available on the Navien website, so you can read up on it and see if it seems like something you want to tackle. It seemed pretty logical to me. Good luck.

Hope

Reaction score
I just downloaded the manual. Do I need to use the Navilink (Navien manufactured router) or can I use any other router available in the market. If using a non-Navien router, also have to get the Ethernet cable because the one shown in the manual or this link seems to have a 5 pin connector. Any idea where to buy this?

djdavenport

Reaction score
Don't really know. I kind of assumed you probably need to buy the whole kit from Navien. Available online for around $220.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks