Adding washing machine drain to copper drain under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Tooltalk

Reaction score
Closer, but make the laundry sink vent be two 45s instead of a 90.

45 degrees off of plumb is considered vertical, tho the AAV needs to be within I think it is 15 degrees of plumb

I knew I had some 45s around here somewhere. Is this what you were describing for the sink vent?

20221019_211142.jpg

Last edited:

Tooltalk

Reaction score
Here's the finished job, well almost. Still have to hook up sink and haven't glued the vent pipes in yet. I will probably be hanging some cabinets on the wall, so will wait to finish the vents until then. I used the cheaper "cheater" vents and I know they may not meet code requirements, but I've talked to several people who have had them installed for years with no problems. So they will work for now.

I haven't done a lot of soldering, but was quite proud of the copper work I did here. So I had to get the steel wool out and make it look pretty. Also happy that I pulled the copper out of someone's trash a few years ago. So it was free too, lol.

Should have taken a pic before I moved washer into place, but I think you all know what the standpipe and p-trap look like.

Thanks again for all your help with this.

20221026_130724.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unrelated observation. do the Canadian plumbing fittings have a different sweep to them than those used in the USA? Those street 45s look like they are a very tight sweep unlike any I've seen here perhaps just the way they appear in photo

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks