Adding storage tank before pump

Users who are viewing this thread

PipesH2O

Reaction score
I have a restaurant that shares space with a salon. I have been told that the water service to the building is undersized and several months ago some other company installed a Grundfoss M#396860195 booster pump to increase the water pressure to the businesses. It has helped, but the second floor salon still has weak water pressure at times when they are both busy. They will eventually run a new water service but a seeking a temporary solution. I was wondering if adding a storage tank before the booster would give it additional capacity to draw from and how big it would need to be if feasible. Any other solution be welcomed also.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The MQ is not a very reliable pump. Make sure the pump is not the problem first. A pressure gauge before and after the pump will be of big help for that. If the pump is not drawing the inlet pressure down much, then it should be able to increase the outlet pressure as much as you want.

If the pump is sucking out all the pressure from the inlet side, a storage tank will help. But you may need a larger pump because it will be boosting fro a storage tank instead of city pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks