Adding Standpipe to Soil Stack

Users who are viewing this thread

sdz

Reaction score
Hello
Just wondering if it would be okay to add a sanitary tee into existing soil stack in the basement which has a toilet and bathtub on the stack on the main level, its vented on the main level. I'm looking at adding a softener in the comer of the room. The stack is 4" I would add the 4"x 4" x 1-1/2" into the stack about 3' off the ground. The softener is going to be located about 5' away from the stack id run 1-1/2" abs with a p-trap at the end of the run and tie that into a 30" standpipe will this work?
20170812_094638.jpg

Last edited:

sdz

Reaction score
Perfect I will up the size to 2" and add a combo wye just before the p-trap and add in the pipe / AAV also just got a question on the sanitary tee off the soil stack if I want to bring the new drain close into the wall should I go with a long turn 90 elbow off the tee then a short off the wall or does it matter? Also judging by the picture do you think there will be enough play to just add the tee into the stack or will I be using fernco couplings?

Reach4

Reaction score
You will need 2 banded couplings, and two short sections of pipe.
got a question on the sanitary tee off the soil stack if I want to bring the new drain close into the wall should I go with a long turn 90 elbow off the tee then a short off the wall or does it matter?
I think you are asking what fitting would be best to insert into the 4-inch pipe. You don't need a combo for that, but you could do that. HJ blessed a santee for that, so that sounds good. With a santee, if your AAV failed closed, you would never know it. I expect that it it is highly probable that the 4 inch stack would serve as a great wet vent for this, even though it is not permitted by codes. I am not a plumber.

sdz

Reaction score
This would be the 2" coming off the 4"x 4" x 2" tee the main stack is about a foot away from the wall just wanted turn the drain into the wall and was wondering if it had to be a long 90 off the 2" tee then just a short 90 to go back along the wall. If that makes sense.

Reach4

Reaction score
This would be the 2" coming off the 4"x 4" x 2" tee the main stack is about a foot away from the wall just wanted turn the drain into the wall and was wondering if it had to be a long 90 off the 2" tee then just a short 90 to go back along the wall. If that makes sense.
I think horizontal to horizontal can be a short sweep. However how about a 45?
img_5.png
Red represents using a 90 bend, and green tries to represent a 45.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks