Adding Standpipe to existing Drain and Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

KingPEX

Reaction score
Greetings,

So, I'm tired of the small laundry sink clogging when the washer discharges.

In the picture you can see the discharge hose on the right hanging over the sink.

I'd like to add a Stand Pipe. Can I add to the drain running to the left of the sink? The sink is trapped under it. The Vent is on the right (to the left of the sink). The washing machine is shoulder to shoulder with the sink.

Thanks!
basementplumb.jpeg

Helper Dave

In the Trades
Reaction score
Laundry stand-pipe and trap need to be 2". That copper drain doesn't look 2" to my eye.

What size is it? It looks bigger going into the floor. What size is that pipe?

Might have to find a different spot to run a drain to otherwise.

Reach4

Reaction score
On the existing laundry tub, you could double-up on lint catching with a lint trap on the output of the WM drain line, as Sylvan suggested, plus a LintTrapper on the drain. This guards against something in the sink, such a cough drop wrapper or a sock, from clogging the drain hole.

washing-machine-parts-lint-0001-64_145.jpg
washing-machine-parts-lint-0001-d4_145.jpg

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
The drain looks to be undersized and it does not use drainage fittings. If that is 2" coming through the floor things could be reconfigured for a standpipe. Otherwise you are better off with a lint filter and the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks