Adding pony wall bathroom remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

calebpinter

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm in the middle of a bathroom remodel and am converting my bathtub to a walk in shower. I've done all of the framing, laid my first layer of cement in the shower, and I'm about to put in my shower liner and pour the mortar for my shower threshold but as I prepared to do this I began to have some doubts. My original plan was to use 1/2 inch wonder board for my pony wall just like I'd be doing for my shower walls. My threshold is right next to my pony wall so if I use just use mortar for my threshold and wonder board for my pony wall then I imagine that my pony wall will ultimately be thicker than my threshold where they meet and it will look strange. From what I've seen, everyone does the threshold by adding liner first, metal lath, and then mortar. I'm wondering what is typically done to ensure that pony wall and threshold are the same thickness when they are built next to each other?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks