Adding garburator and correcting plumbing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jechow

Reaction score
I'm going to replace my 1/2 hp garburator with a larger garburator. I was looking under my sink when I discovered the previous owner had installed their plumbing incorrect. The T-connector is going up instead of down (refer to photos). All of the connections are glued except for the one attached to the sink and the garburator.

How do I fix this? Where do I start hacksawing? Thanks

Show I also add any cleanouts?

Attachments

• IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm going to replace my 1/2 hp garburator with a larger garburator. I was looking under my sink when I discovered the previous owner had installed their plumbing incorrect. The T-connector is going up instead of down (refer to photos). All of the connections are glued except for the one attached to the sink and the garburator.

How do I fix this? Where do I start hacksawing? Thanks

Show I also add any cleanouts?

If it were me I'd hack the ABS off just above the p-trap and re-build it.

I like to add cleanouts after the p-trap using a wye, 45, and a fitting cleanout fitting. This way if you ever have to snake the line you can run water at the same time!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

I would hack it off AFTER the "P" trap and start over from scratch. And I would do it in a way that would give a lot more room inside the cabinet.

Jechow

Reaction score
I would hack it off AFTER the "P" trap and start over from scratch. And I would do it in a way that would give a lot more room inside the cabinet.

What would be the best way to get "a lot more room inside the cabinet"?

Thanks

dlh

plumbing consultant
Reaction score
i dont know whaat hj was looking at as it seems to me that the piping is ran the only way it can for optimal room without changing which wall the drain comes out of

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks