Adding exhaust fan to upstairs loft?

Users who are viewing this thread

az1324

Reaction score
I have a ~800 sqft 2nd floor condo unit with a small loft area (~100sqft, ~600 cuft) adjacent to a vaulted ceiling living room. The rest of the condo is 8ft ceilings with attic space above. There is central ac but no vents/intakes in the lofted area. Needless to say it gets hot up there. It is not a frequently used space at this time, but I was thinking of installing an exhaust fan at the top of the wall which would draw the air out a roof vent. Hopefully this would also draw in cooler air through the windows on the main level and cause a cooling effect in the whole space and reducing the need for AC use which is currently only a few times a year on very hot days.

The attic space is adjacent to another condo unit so I cannot install anything loud and I do not want to add any additional vents to the roof so I want to tap into one of the existing bathroom/kitchen exhaust vents.

The question is if I install a bathroom style exhaust fan with a there will it high enough cfm (100-200) to be effective?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks