Adding Drip Emitter to existing system

Users who are viewing this thread

Mpt1123

Reaction score
Hello:
First time owning a home with a sprinkler system, so this is all new to me. The zone closest to the house is brown tubing that is weaved throughout the foundation plants. Looks like little holes are punched in it to act like a soaker house for the plants. Other than one of the holes pointing up and spraying water, the system seems to be working well. I would like to add a drip emitter to this brown tubing and run small black tubing to several planter boxes on the front porch. Is this feasible? With all of the holes already in the tubing will there be enough pressure to push water though the emitter and black tubing?
Hope this makes sense.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This brown tubing is more and more popular for garden and shrub areas. It also helps keeping the water from hitting the home. Because of its size, there could be too much pressure and blow the emitters off.

About the best way is to insert a barb nylon tee fitting (may need hose clamps) and then reduce then reduce it down from the tee for micro drip tubing. I've used this riser adapters with 1/2 inch risers and you you can cap it off just to use the drip end. If pressure is too high, there are various types of pressure reducers for drip irrigation. BTW...What I learned about micro drip is though it is a fantastic way to irrigate, the emitters seems to fall out occasionally and you can't rake out the area since you may tear out the emitters or tubing. However is it great to bring water to large flower pots or planters.

https://www.homedepot.com/s/micro%20irrigation%20dripline?NCNI-5

blacks-dig-drip-irrigation-fittings-r67-64_400_compressed.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks