Adding basement bathroom (drains and venting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Vent separates 6 or more inches above the flood level of the kitchen sink

Dishwasher would need its own standpipe with a vented trap, or it would be run as I drew. Some would eliminate the air gap, and just route as high as possible to the branch tailpiece. Most codes have been amended to require the air gap, but I don't know about yours.

If the part I commented on is existing, never mind. The stuff in the red box looks good, except it would be better to have a 45 under the toilet, or a "combo". A 45 to another 45 to would be best.

Attachments

• img_4.jpg
    img_4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 249

Greatness

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

The red box is where I'm looking to install the new bathroom. Want to figure out how/if I could tie into the existing vents, drains for 3 new fixtures (toilet, shower, sink) in the red box area.

Greatness

Reaction score
Simplified things a bit:

Attached is a drawing of my main floor powder room DWV layout.

I am planning on installing a full bathroom in the basement directly below it (red box area).

Would it be possible to tie into the existing vent in the powder room?

I will be consulting a plumber following quarantine, but am looking to work design with this free time.20200508_191545.jpg

Greatness

Reaction score
Trying again, hopefully making it a bit easier to provide guidance.

I have to use a pump system as the sewer line runs away from the new basement bathroom area under a finished floor. There is not enough headroom to raise the floor.

I have provided 2 potential diagrams that I'm hoping you can comment on viability/mistakes. Grey lines are existing Drain and Vent lines that run to a main floor powder room. New basement bathroom lines are red and blue.

The only difference between the 2 is that the sink goes directly to the soil stack in one (rather than to the Saniflo) simply due to distance. Either is doable, but if the sink goes to the Saniflo it will need to go around 2 bends at approximately 10 feet.

Pipes 1.jpg

Pipes 2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks