Adding air handler to minisplit: is there an isolation valve??

Users who are viewing this thread

Theodore

Reaction score
Hi. I have a SeaBreeze mini split heat pump, model SMZ42H46ZOGX. It has 5 ports in total, and I currently have 4 in use. I’ve recently prepared the last indoor air unit for the 5th and final port to be connected. I’ve gotten a couple of quotes from HVAC folks for the connection, but they seem to disagree with one critical item: first company says they can connect the last unit without evacuating the entire system because they know there’s an isolation valve in the unit to isolate the final line we’re adding, while second company says there is no isolation valve in the unit and they have to remove all the refrigerant in the system and reinstall after the final air handler is attached. Cost was higher for the guy who said he has to evacuate the system.

I didn't see anything obvious to me (as a non-HVAC person) when I looked inside the outdoor unit, and I’ve studied the only manual I can find:

http://www.irproducts.biz/support/parts-manuals/file/6536-smz42h46zogx-service-manual?start=20

but not sure if there is an actual isolation valve in there for each port. Wondering if anyone can flip through this manual and advise with certainty?

Many thanks

Theodore

Stuff

Reaction score
Manual shows only two stop valves for the 5 zone system. Take a look where the lines run it/out of the unit. Do you see caps next to each line? Post a pic.

Theodore

Reaction score
Photos, as suggested.

IMG_8284.JPG
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8284.JPG
IMG_8285.JPG
IMG_8286.JPG
IMG_8288.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8287.JPG
    IMG_8287.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 179
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks