Adding a washer upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sometimes get asked to install a washer in the upstairs of a home. The hard part is finding a 2" or larger line for it.
Sometimes you get lucky, and you can find one. In this case, there was a double lav, which required 2", and I was able to tee off below it in the wall.

pederson_washer_1.jpg

There is a 1-1/2" vent and a 2" waste going down.

pederson_washer_2.jpg

Add the washer box with hammer arrestors, change the double santitary cross with a double fixture cross bushed down to 1-1/2" for the trap arms, and put the 2" cleanout back in.
Now it needs electrical. Yeah.........that's someone else. :)

Kiton

Reaction score
Terry,
Nice job. That is a lot of work, I am curious, how often does the client understand the amount work vs not?
Almost every job I have done in my home has taken at least twice as long as I first estimated. I would think most home owners fall in to the same trap as myself?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks