Adding a utility sink to a laundry room

Users who are viewing this thread

71CJ5

Reaction score
My question is pretty basic. I'm getting ready to stack my washer/dryer and put a utility sink where the washer was. The 2" stack coming from the crawlspace is only 6" from a wall. This limits my options for plumbing in the sink. My brother, a journeyman plumber in OH, says that I'm okay stacking 2 tees to pick up both fixtures and common venting. I plan on 2" tee to branch off to the washer box location and a 2x1.5" tee on top of that branching off to the new sink. Please excuse my fantastic MSPaint skills :) Any problems with this setup?

I've seen the picture on this site on a proper sink/washer box setup but would rather not run another vent if I don't have to in order to minimize the amount of drywall I have to remove. I really hate drywall work:rolleyes:

Attachments

• laundry 3.jpg
    laundry 3.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,023
Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
What you have drawn is called a vertical wet vent. This is allowed by some plumbing codes, but not others.
You might ask your local plumbing inspector for their input on such an installation.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks