Adding a sink drain into washer pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

patryk

Reaction score
Hello. I am located in Florida. I want to add a sink in a room on the other side of a concrete wall from the washer in the garage. The washer stand pipe ends at 3', the sink would be 33" high and would be located 2' away from the stand pipe. The stand pipe has a P trap and goes inside the concrete wall into a vent. I was planning to connect the sink drain pipe into the washer stand pipe with an additional vent OR using a double sanitary see and connecting both sink and washer with a p trap into it. The sink would be used very occasionally.

Here is a picture of the washer drain pipe

patryk-01.jpg

Vent view from the roof

patryk-02.jpg

And here is how I am planning to do it

patryk-03.jpg

Would that work? Is there any simpler way of adding a sink?

Reach4

Reaction score
Would that work?
They would work, but IPC calls for the drain line carrying laundry stand pipe drainage plus something else to be 3 inch min.

If that drain pipe is 2 inch, I suspect it would be likely that a request for an exception would be allowed. If the install had been done several years ago with 2 inch, it would have been grandfathered in.

If that wall was not there, you could call it a laundry sink and done this with a 2 inch pipe:
index.php

patryk

Reaction score
If that wall was not there, you could call it a laundry sink and done this with a 2 inch pipe
Can't I do this if the sink is on the other side of the wall?

Can i still have the washer hose inside the stand pipe or will it have to flush in the laundry sink?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think adding this to the standpipe like in Reach's drawing would work. The washer standpipe has the p-trap already, you just need to poke a pipe through the wall to pick up the sink. I love having a wash sink in the garage when coming in from the garden.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks