Adding a pressure gauge to my water line

Users who are viewing this thread

Vdawg

Reaction score
I want to add a pressure gauge to my incoming water supply line (CPVC). Part of the pipe where it enters the house (in the garage) is exposed and that's where I've installed a water softener and a whole-house filter. Before both of them is where I have about a foot of horizontal pipe that I can easily tee into and add my gauge. But the way the pipe runs, I can't face the tee up vertically as there wouldn't be enough room for the gauge. I can face it down vertically, but then the gauge would be upside down. I know it doesn't matter, but I'd really like the gauge to read right side up, so I'm wondering if there's anything wrong with installing it in this configuration:

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You can do that. Make sure it is somewhere safe from someone snagging it while walking by and snapping a fitting.

Reach4

Reaction score
gep2-100-bk-3.jpg
You could also consider a back-mounted pressure gauge.

Vdawg

Reaction score
Thanks for both replies. The main horizontal pipe actually runs just under a 12" shelf, so the drop-down configuration would be protected from snags as it's not possible to walk or really do anything near it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks