Adding a 'Powder room'

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Foley

Reaction score
I am looking to add a sink and toilet, small powder room bath to my home. Couple of questions: Is it acceptable to tie into the soil pipe clean out that heads out from the basement? There is a 4" cleanout and my proposal is to put in a 4">>>3" hex bushing, then a sked 80 PVC male adapter, then a WYE or long sweep elbow with a clean out on its 'away from the wall' end to replace the existing cleanout plug. Then up to the floor for the fixtures drains and vents.

Is is OK to tie into the existing cleanout fitting (which is CI) as described?

Thanks

Attachments

• drain.jpeg
    drain.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 337

Bob Foley

Reaction score
If it is a cast iron drain system, then the cleanout is 3 1/2" and you will NOT find a bushing, or anything else, that will screw into it.
Is a 3 1/2 inch bushing thread not the same as the thread as the cleanout plug thread?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Keep in mind that MA is one of a few states that requires ANY plumbing, even in your own home, to be done by a licensed plumber. He/she would be able to give you an idea of the best way to do what you wish to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks